SportsTurf gets the job done
To keep fields and fairways in peak condition, apply product on an annual basis. Recommended is up to 2 inches per year in multiple applications.
For best results, core-aerate, top-dress, and rake or back-drag after topdressing with SportsTurf.
- Golf courses. Use for rough, fairways and landscaping. This product is good for divot mixes, too. Reduces fertilizer loss by increasing soil cation exchange capacity (CEC).
- Athletic fields. Apply prior to seeding or sod installation to add organic matter. Improves nutrient uptake. Top-dress regularly to maintain healthy soil ecosystems.
- Commercial/industrial sod. Improve turf rooting while fixing soil structure over the long-term.
- Water management. Compost acts like a sponge to hold many times its weight in water. But it also relieves soil compaction, improves pore space and allows excess water to percolate. This speeds up field recovery after storm events. At the same time, compost use reduces stormwater and pollution runoff. Controls sediment loss and erosion, too.
- Injury reduction. Reducing compaction results in softer playing surfaces. This minimizes impact injuries while the playing surface remains within a desired range, even in dry weather. Eliminates heat-stress associated with artificial turf. In addition, reduced chemical requirements mean reduced athlete exposure, too. “Adding compost in conjunction with aeration can further reduce surface hardness in addition to creating better conditions for turf growth,” say researchers at Pennsylvania State University (Penn State). READ MORE
- Landscaping. Improve soil structure for better root and water penetration. Hold more applied fertilizer at the root zone where you need it. Reduce plant replacements. Make your own topsoil and planting mixes. Reduce plant replacements.